meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, July 09, 2018

Using What You've Got

Not a good day, today, either physically or mentally, so I wasn't planning to work, much less blog.  Went into the kitchen to get a drink, though, and decided to take a few photographs of the lovely orchid my granddaughter gave me a couple of weeks ago. 





Over the years, students have said things along the lines of, it's easy for you.  I haven't got a garden, or a camera, or.... all sorts of things.  In these days of mobile phones, though (just saying that, makes me feel old...), nobody lacks a camera, and there are things to be found in our homes, without us having to cross the threshold.  Given that I currently don't *have* a garden, the orchid is a lovely source of images.  As is the fruit bowl.


Mind you, I can't retake that particular image...I ate one of the nectarines (it was yummy).  That's the problem with still lives incorporating fruit. I love the colours in this image, rich and varied.  Recorded for posterity...and inspiration... what's not to like?  There are doubtless lots of other things I could be recording, but that's it for today.  And all it took, was to look carefully.  And not to make excuses for myself, but rather to do what I was capable of doing, no more, no less.



No comments: