meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Stitch, Stitch, Stitch

I had a hospital appointment a couple of days ago, so took some sewing with me, Borderlines again, which has been hanging about looking sulky on my sofa, as it hadn't really progressed from the last post.  So...here it is.


This last area is a really strange shape; a narrow piece, right at the top (which is to the bottom of this image, underneath the abstract sun shape), plus a fairly large approximate rectangle, with a curving area along one side.  When I change threads, this time to a darker brown/blue perle, I tend to change the direction of the stitch in order to delineate the different areas.  So, running them horizontally,  parallel to the stitch closest to them, just above the paper blocks, was not going to happen, but running them vertically wasn't really ideal either.  Finally, I decided that the best way to stitch this area, given the circular sun shape that somehow had to be worked round (no pun intended) was to stitch diagonally.  This isn't an ideal image, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how that's working...I'm fairly pleased.  And there will be some larger stitch in that small area above the 'sun', which will echo the larger stitches lower down.


So...nearly finished.  Too tired to stitch today; we were out yesterday (of which more tomorrow), so I need to rest to make up for the energy I expended.  It was worth it, though...a joyful time was had by all concerned.


No comments: