meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Finally...

...well enough to finish Borderlines, and to get out of bed, for that matter.  I had a hospital appointment yesterday, always good for stitching, and added the last few rows this morning...and here it is.


I have to say it looks better in person, than in a photograph; the texture is easier to discern, for one.  I'm still debating the orientation.  A well designed piece should look good from any orientation; this was the original design:
Looking at them here, perhaps the initial intention is still the better of the two... and that's what I'm likely to stick with. It seems to have more of a feeling of space; the first image shown has a heavy feeling, as if those abstract paper fields are sinking down to the bottom of the piece.  Plus, I like the way that the long stitches below the 'field' are echoed by those above the 'sun'.    I need to put it away for a while, to let it sit.  It has taken longer than I expected to finish, and to some extent, familiarity breeds contempt.  I was certainly sick of stitching it... patience is not my strong point.  No hand stitch for me for a while, I suspect...though you never know, something may require it.... and really, that's what drives my activity: the demands of the piece.

No comments: