meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Using It Up

So...what do you do with the ink left on the palette?  Yes, that's right, you monoprint.  The first one I took went straight in the bin; it was awful.  Too much paint, too much pressure, a brown yuk.  So I cast around for something else to print on, and spotted some very scrunched up tissue paper.  Hmm, I thought... and tore it into four.  Here's one of the resultant prints :


This was the last of the prints, so not quite as much paint on it as the others, and, because I used a brayer, the texture is somewhat flatter than the rest.  Nonetheless, it's still interesting, though it doesn't look like much in these images; better in real life.


Four prints?  For a mono?  Using ink?  Well...yes.  The scrunched up paper doesn't take the ink uniformly, so more than one print, in this case four, could be taken....actually, I think I could have got away with five, but I only had four bits of paper.  

So...what am I going to do with it all?  Good question.  I'm contemplating sticking some of it onto heavier paper or Lutradur XL, for an accordion book.  I'm not all that keen on fusing for it, because I'll lose some if not all of the raised texture of the paper...so perhaps spray adhesive.  And there's something about stitch, probably hand stitch, given the fragility of the paper; fusible interfacing, the usual go to for paper, isn't an option here.  I have some ideas in the back of my head, but for now, I suspect, it'll wait its turn.  There's still some ink to use up, and there's more scrunched paper kicking around...  but first, I need to clear some proper space, preferably on my sewing table, rather than my cutting table.  I think that part of the problem I had with printing pressure, yesterday, was to do with the height of the table.  Working on a lower table, and standing up occasionally, may well make all the difference.  We'll see.  



No comments: