meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, April 03, 2006

Work In Progress


I'm feeling a bit better, today, which is lucky, as I've got Things To Do. The month's goals to consider. A workshop to prepare for, a talk, too. And a visit to the dentist, in all of that.
There's also the work I was doing last week, that has been at a standstill, waiting for me to pick it up again. The picture today is a scan of a work in process, which is, as is the way of things, going its own sweet way. The scan shows about half of the piece, which, in its present state, is lutradur fused onto a green background. You can see a treelike structure dominating; I rarely use deliberate representational imagery, but a tree suggested itself, and I went with it. But then, instead of allowing the image of a tree to dominate, the stitch wanted to develop from and around it. So, I find wood-like stitching developing from the original image, and beginning to take it over. I rather like that. I'm not sure where the piece is going, and that's good, too. I'm just taking a line for a walk...and enjoying the view.

4 comments:

Val said...

Glad you're feeling more the thing. Do you fuse with Bondaweb?

Anonymous said...

Boy, I really like this. I wish you would do an in process series of pics because this looks fascinating.

Get feeling better, lady!! I think I finally shook my cold....now it's allergies.

teri

Dale Anne Potter said...

Good to hear you are feeling better!
This WIP looks FABULOUS - even we are only seeing part of it.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Funny how the stitching design can take over, isn't it? Mine will often start out one way and change as I'm sewing. This piece looks good.