meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, April 21, 2006

Well...


I've done it, now. I talked to a very pleasant reporter from the local paper, about life, art, dancing with the demon depression and this new group we're trying to form. The article should appear tomorrow, complete with photographs, fortunately all with work in them, so there's something to look at other than wee me ! I have no idea what the reporter will say, but I know that what I said was that when you live with depression, you have a choice. You can disappear under it, allow it to take charge of your life, and live as if there was nothing other than depression in your life. Or you can accept it for what it is, a volatile illness that comes and goes in intensity, and live with it, focussing on what you are able to do, and not on what you are unable to do, and get on with doing it. And accept that sometimes, the demons will take over, and you will not be able to do anything at all for a while.

So, now I can perhaps get back to work! Maybe after a nap...

6 comments:

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Hurrah for you Marion! I hope that the newspaper article brings about great things for you and for your new group. Wish I was near enough to join up! And you absolutely nailed it with your statement on depression, I'm printing that out to read when I'm down in the depths.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Hooray! Hope the article turns out well, and arouses interest in your work.

Claudia said...

Bravo! That is such a great way to approach depression. You should be so proud of yourself. Please let us know how the story went, I would love to see it.
Does the paper have a website, maybe it will be published there too.

xxx Claudia

Helen said...

Good on ya! This kind of understanding will save a few souls I'm sure!

arashi said...

I am so glad it wemt well.Haivng been given the gift of depresion myself I owe my contined survive to the process of msking art

smarcoux said...

Hi Marion

Any more news on the group you wanted to start .. I havent heard anymore from you about it ?
Sandy
Dangling by a thread