meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Normality Returns...


my interview has been printed in the EDP (sadly, it's not on line, though the newspaper itself it), and it was very helpful, making the workshop sound interesting and my work sound good, too. It's very gratifying when someone prints that my work 'sings from every canvas and cloth. Vibrant, energetic colours, different textiles and textures make you want to reach out and touch them'. Which is just the kind of effect I want to have on people, so I'm delighted.

Now, though, it's back to what laughingly passes for normality around here. Dealing with calls about the workshop (I hope), and the related admin, like creating posters and fliers, and getting back to work on some of the pieces I prepped earlier in the week. Like this piece here (click on the photo for a larger view), 'Three Blue Dots', a carry on from the Eight Blue Dots and a Blue Circle which I showed you a few days ago. I've decided to keep them together, and have a variety of thoughts on how to mount them, of which more another day. But, in the interests of international friendship and all that jazz, I'm in the process of making some more postcard sized pieces to send to my friends.

My son and his fiancee are en route to here to stay for a couple of days. With all these visitors, the house is remarkably clean and tidy, wish it would stay that way without the endless effort it takes to keep it...sigh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marion,
What's the size on three blue dots? I like it quite a lot, thelma