meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What Are The Odds...


that all three sewing machines should break down at the same time? Slim, yes? Within a fortnight? No problem at all. The Brother has a problem with the feed dogs...they're stuck in the lowered position. That would be okay...except that I want to use it as a normal machine, and the foot for free motion work is broken.... sigh. Then there's the Husqvarna. It seems to be in perfect working order. There's just one small problem; the foot is hovering high above the feed dogs, even in the lowered position. As far as I know, the shank didn't shrink, so what on earth is *that* about? And finally, the Bernina just Won't Go. Problem with the belt, I think. It's not broken, just not turning. That narrows your options just a tad.

So I've arranged to borrow a machine, and two of the three will go to the sewing machine guru. This is annoying...I'm two thirds through quilting my curator's piece for 'From The Heart'. I hate to stop when I'm in full flow. But hey...

One piece of technology that is finally working is the laptop. We were lent an external CD drive, and discovered that the internal one just ain't working. So I finally have access to over a hundred photographs that were on the hard drive. Like this one...which I don't remember making...Dijanne, is it one of the things you made when you were here the first time? Or what? Must be nice to have a memory that works...mine seems to have gone the way of my sewing machines...which takes me back to where we started.

4 comments:

KDS said...

You don't need to have a good memory for managing your digital images archives. All you need is a photo management software in which you can tag them or even put small notes with each of them for easy recall. Picasa does this as well as Flickr, Zooomr, etc but flickr and zooomr are both online only whereas Picasa can do it all on your computer... or can it? Mac has its own iPhoto to do the same whereas in Linux I love DigiKam.

Dianne said...

Forgetting awh the pains of aging, I can't remeber what I went into the other room.. LOL..

Anonymous said...

Marion, I had a similar experience to your foot being stuck somewhere and for me the answer was that in removing all foot pressure for doing free motion I had turned the dial to zero and even further so the foot lever had gotten stuck somewhere up high. See if that is the culprit for you and if I was unclear feel free to contact me and perhaps I can do better. Good luck.

Rayna said...

Oh, what a nuisance - to say the least! My sympathies.