meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

They say...


that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Mine were to blog every day for a while, given that I've been appearing so spasmodically recently. But I'm up and down, tired and tireder, so I've not been giving the blog the attention it deserves. Will Try Harder, I promise. Then Julie tagged me for the 'The Thinking Blogger Award'. I was taken aback, rather. One of my core beliefs is that it's essential to create meaning, so I blog as part of that expression of self, really. But I read for fun, pure and simple. So finding five meaningful blogs was, I thought, going to be challenging. And then I thought about it. Olga's blog has to be up there at number one, it's just great, visually and textually. Then there's June's brainchild, the Ragged Cloth Cafe. Thelma's always interesting, particularly when blogging about curating (hint, hint...), and both she and Dijanne discuss textiles in the context of real life. It's a good reminder that an artist doesn't exist in a vacuum, and has issues other than the price of cloth to contend with. The fifth, I guess, has to be Arashi, who isn't posting at present, but when he does, he makes me think, and think, and think.

So...my five nominations are these. And thanks, Julie, for the vote of confidence. I'm flattered.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Hey you deserve this award, your blog is always interesting to read and visualls and with your sence of humour, its a great blog...
I don't think we HAVE to blog all the time.. Blog when you want too, no guilt is to be attached to a blog... Well Thats what I think...

Anonymous said...

AWE. The love I feel is...AWE

Anonymous said...

Nice to find your blog via thelma's tagging -- I certainly follow the caveat that if there is nothing worth saying, refrain. I'd rather read one good post a day than 20 that don't give me fodder for my work, my life or my spirit.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm glad you were flatterd Marion, and yes indeed you do make me think! As one with the big D to another, "that's a good thing."