meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Further Developments


on the Turning Turtle piece. Not that it really vaguely resembles anything to do with turtles now...

You may recall that I said it wanted applique and hand stitching. The deal became, add more texture, and I'll waive the hand stitching. It turned out that most of the applique was waived, too, when I added it, I disliked it, so off it came, most of it anyway. Instead, I worked with paint and puff binder, to add a bit more texture, and added some fine black net and a piece of a sheer that I think came to me from Sally Bramald (thanks, Sally). It now has wavy edges, too. And yet somehow, it still has an unfinished feel about it. Watch this space for Even Further Developments!

No comments: