meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Les Fleurs Du Mal


seems to be the title of this new painting. Not sure, entirely, where it came from (the painting, that is...the title is courtesy of Baudelaire, a 19th century French poet). Don't really care, to be honest. Just that a lot of my paintings just now seem to be garden or flower related. Me, who has brown thumbs, and regularly forgets about her garden...

Finally, I can get back to normal, Robin back to work, me with nothing structured to do. Feels goooood! Back to bed with a cup of coffee and my goals notebook, see where I've got to, and what needs doing this month...a chapter of the lutradur book, for sure. A play day at Helen's on Friday this week. And I need to find a temporary home for a painting that currently hangs in the studio. It is large, too large to hang in this house...but it has to move...I knocked my (rather unstable) palette over a couple of days ago, and left it bedaubed with inappropriate colour, which had to Come Off. Ah, the joys of creativity!

3 comments:

arashi said...

a beutiful painting and ione i thnk shows a new place flopr you, a new milestone. I hope thi bodes well for a collabortion. Im making a skethbook to start, all fiber

Shirley Goodwin said...

Good title too, Marion!

Anonymous said...

I'm never sure about the "mal" part, Marion. These look like Fleurs de Joie to me snort --June