meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Forgotten Pleasures


I had forgotten just how much I enjoy working with silk fibres. I decided to make some silk paper to adorn my totem dolls, and found some fibres from the fibre factory, which I bought the last time I was at an exhibition. Gently coloured, extremely soft, it has been therapeutic working with them. I rarely make silk paper, it was hugely fashionable for a time, and, being contrary, I stopped making it. But the fad or fashion or whatever it was seems to be over, and I had a happy time this morning making three sheets, two of beautiful blues, one of muted pinks and ecrus, leaving the lovely packet in the photograph to play with, next time.

I've been thinking about the turtle quilt, and have decided how to quilt it, very simply, but quite heavily. I enjoy painting quilts...the trick here will be to quilt so that the eye can interpret little bits of turtle amongst the paint, but not to recognise that the borders are different... so, a cup of coffee, some chocolate, a rest...and back to work. It doesn't keep the demons at bay, just mutes them, so I can get on with things...

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

i can't wait to see this. Those colours are so yummy!

Shirley Goodwin said...

I love your comment about being contrary, Marion - sounds like me! These colours are lovely.