meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Inspired?


I had a wonderful day out, yesterday, with fellow quilters and partners in crime Helen Howes and Heather Hasthorpe (and one of these days, I'll change my name by deed poll to Hermione Heaven, just to fit the pattern!!). We laughed a lot, ate a lot, and threw out an incredible amount of fabric. This had been donated for use with young quilters, had been sitting around for a long time in a garage, and was feeling very sorry for itself. It made me wheeze, made Heather's eyes run, and made Helen sneeze. So the young quilters will get some nice new fabric from our respective stashes, and All Will Be Well With The World.

I thought I'd paint, today. I had a couple of prepped canvasses just waiting upstairs, so off I went. And found myself surprised. Generally speaking, I paint in a very unstructured style...just like the illustration, Emerging. Or at least, it looks unstructured; it doesn't feel that way to me. I found myself painting something which is quite unlike that. And then realised what it was. Helen had shown us a quilt that she wasn't satisfied with...I had liked a particular part of it, which had lovely, simple curving quilted lines. And here were these lines, appearing on my canvas this morning.

Thanks, Helen.

Where is your inspiration coming from today?

1 comment:

arashi said...

from you, from the ubusuaqk winter sunshine, from a recently discovered grove of trees...