meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Avoidance

I was out at a 'playday' today at a friend's studio. She has this huge space, great facilities, I'm quite jealous... or I would be if she wasn't so good at sharing it. We did a variety of things...starting off with making fabric postcards.

Now, I have been avoiding fabric postcards like the plague. No, no, no, I don't want to do that, I would mutter...but when someone gives you the wherewithal to do such a thing under your own nose, it's churlish to say no, right? So I made, not one, but two, playing with some of the yarns I have bought over the...emmm...years, now that I've worked out that I can couch them with a boring old free motion foot. It was FUN.

I have to wonder what other wonders I've been avoiding because I edit what I want to do and what I don't. I did that with dolls, resisted them for years. I did the same with painting. I have to say that that lasted a lot longer...nearly twenty years...and I only learned how to paint and draw because my son dragged me kicking and screaming to my first class. Now, I don't know how I lived so long without painting in my life.

What are you avoiding today, then? Oh go on, try it...you KNOW you want to!! Just think...you might even like it!

No comments: