meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2018

Today...



...is National Poetry Day...here's the website.  There are events all over the place, if you're quick, you might get to one!  So...I thought I'd share a poem.  The artists among us might appreciate it.  It's new, so probably subject to change, and it hasn't got a title yet.  Maybe it doesn't want one.

Please, do not ask
How many hours it took:
Think days and weeks and
Long, long years, think lifetimes
Thought and practice, reflect
On observations,
All those sketches, notes and plans,
That led us to this moment, this
Construction, this depiction.
Ask, instead, its story,
I will tell you what I know of it
It may not match your viewpoint
But it's mine.

 Quilters in particular seem to be very keen on knowing how long something took.  To me, that's irrelevant, as are the technical considerations they usually ask about.  To me, it's all about the meaning, and even that may not be shared by all.  And that, to me, is the beauty of it.  Happy National Poetry Day!

The image is 'Losing My Religion'.  It has it's own story, but I won't bore you with it now.  See what story you find in it, instead.

No comments: