meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Testing, Testing...

...because, after all, it has been a while, and I haven't touched the machine since its service, a good couple of months ago.  Today, though, felt like the day.  Lovely stitch...until I dropped the feed dogs. and realised I couldn't remember what the tension ought to be for free motion... so a bit of farting around, and muttering under the breath, and we were sort of good to go.  I grabbed another one of those pieces that have been lying about forever, this one a combination of lutradur and evolon, and doodled....  to discover that I was seriously rusty.  Oh well... you know what they say about practice...even if you can only cope with doing it for a maximum half hour at a stretch.... here's what I ended up with.

I originally had it the other way up, but somehow, with stitch added, this seemed to be the right way up.  Not that it matters, really, because it was just a test piece, and will either end up in the bin, or be cut up to make jewellery.  Here's the other option, just so's you know...

When I started to feel a bit more comfortable with things, I did some details... mock Charles Rennie Mackintosh roses...


And for those of you who like this sort of thing, here's the back...just wadding...


I'm not the worlds greatest stitcher, but I did have fun.  Hopefully, with a couple more of these under my belt, I can start on the little queue of books that's building up...


No comments: