meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2018

A Pleasant Surprise...

when I decided to rake about in the book with the more complex dyed fabric....I found a piece that, whilst not perfect (what ever is?), works really well with the piece of fabric that has two goddesses printed on it...


It was originally stitched to another piece of fabric, but a bit of judicious unpicking, and I could tear it into strips.  It is, in itself, an interesting piece of cloth...it had been dyed twice, and then discharge dyed, which is particularly clear on the strip to the left hand side.  As you can probably tell, there is Just Enough, and no more.  I did consider narrower strips, but only after I'd cut them... the secret is to think it first...  I think there will be a poem for the central area, perhaps printed onto paper and cut into individual words, rather than a strip of fabric to divide them.  Yes, indeed, making a virtue of a necessity... And, rather than using the strips to their full width, I will use them as binding, which will be enough to showcase the goddesses, but not so much that they are overshadowed by the stronger colour.

The reason I went into the box in the first place, was to see if I could find some fabric to go with the other prints I've talked about recently...and I did...



The paler colour to the left of the upper selection aren't quite as pale as they appear.  I will add at least one more fabric to each of them, I suspect, and aim to make three pieces from each combination, six in all, of which two will combine fabrics from both selections.  That's the theory, anyway; things change as the work progresses.

So...a happy ending to a frustrating day, in the end. 


No comments: