meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ouch!


I've pulled a muscle in my shoulder, I think, probably while turning over in bed... it might stop me sewing, but not painting, I think. Since I've been showing you a lot of paintings, I thought I'd show a textile, just to prove that I do sew occasionally! This is stage four of the red piece of lutradur I started in Lyon, now titled 'Red Flight'. I say stage four advisedly, because I'm not convinced that it's finished. Somehow, it isn't what I intended at all...I got sidetracked into my 'usual' way of working, and an earlier theme, instead of experimenting with the new things that I've been thinking about recently. It's easily enough done...a rut is a rut is a rut, and is always easier than breaking new ground (even if that ground is only new to me). I think some paint is required on this one, or maybe some gutta.

And yes, you're right, I could unpick...only I won't. Partly because I rarely ever do, but mostly because the holes would show on the lutradur, one of the rare downsides of using this lovely cloth. Still, I have another, larger piece to work with, and this time, I won't allow myself to be sidetracked! Though, I admit, it's still possible... I'm finding it difficult to focus on two distinct and different themes, one for painting, one for cloth, but I'm don't really want to give either up; they both seem to be important. Perhaps the trick would be to work on one at a time in both textile and paint, and leave the other one for later... something to think about.

2 comments:

Julie said...

There are some interesting textures in this Marion and I like the gold on it. Is this a large piece?

Julie said...

Ouch! indeed. I hope your muscle pain is soon gone.