meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, March 13, 2006

Having A Moment.


It doesn't matter what you call it, whether it be blonde, senior, both or neither, I'm having one today. Or I've had one (gee, I can't remember...). When a friend phoned today, I said, I'm stitching a postcard. Just killing time, really, waiting for the cloth to be ready to rinse. It wouldn't usually matter, but I dyed some silk with soda ash, and silk really doesn't like to be long in the bath with the alkaline... so, there I was, stitching away. After rinsing and lunch, I went back upstairs and stitched some more, both on the card and on a small piece that has been assembled for a while, lutradur on a beautiful monogrammed napkin... surprisingly, it has my initials on it. Well, it is surprising given I bought it in a charity shop for 50p. But I digress (nothing new there...).

Then I thought, Must Take Picture Of Postcard, which combines lutradur on top and wax (soaked into the base of the card), which makes it Unusual. For lo, I have one I took earlier (at the top of the blog), but it would be nice to show the development.

And so it would. Which leads us to the moment of vagueness which has led me to somehow...well...mislay?...the postcard. Dammit. I've looked everywhere, but I still can't find it. Sigh. Oh well. There's always tomorrow....and tomorrow....and tomorrow....

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

I seem to spend a lot of time looking for things these days Marion. I hope you find your postcard soon.