meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, June 09, 2018

Sorting

Sorting is a wonderful word.  It can mean either fixing something, or bringing order to something.  I did a bit of both, yesterday.  First, the back of 'Purple Rain', which now has text: definitely fixed that; it feels like a definite improvement.
,




A visit from the postman brought a large padded envelope from my friend Heather in Norfolk.  She sent me this little lot, which I was more than happy to sort through....



I oohed and aahed as I did so; there's quite a variety of things in there.  I have to say that I got sidetracked very quickly.  I was intrigued by some organza with shreds of newspaper stuck to it (got to do some of that with organza, and some in light weight lutradur; it would be interesting to burn it off in places...).  I found several small pieces that seemed to want to go together.  Sometimes, all you can do is respond to what you find; here's my response to three different elements  They are pretty much in the condition they were when Helen sent them, with the exception of the organza, which was attached to a larger piece, so I cut them apart.


The circles are light card, and I suspect they're die cut.  The vertical strips were combined as one strip on a larger piece, but as they were attached with sellotape, I was able to remove them (I have plans for the larger piece, but that's another story for another day).  Running along the bottom is a strip of that organza I mentioned earlier.


For reasons best known to my unconscious mind, this makes me think of Scandinavian forests in summer.  No, I've never been to Scandinavia...but hey... the position of the circle suggests the sun, travelling through the sky.  Unfortunately, there were three circles, but four pages.  Five pages would have given a better visual balance,  but I think what I've got works well.

The book is made from Lutradur XL.  So far, I've only got one this one side completed, and, whilst I had contemplated making something similar on the reverse with my own fabrics, I think it might be better to paint and print on the reverse.  No stitch.  This is a crisp image; stitch would clutter it up.   I have no idea what else I'll do with the treasure trove Heather sent me...but I dare say, over time, I'll think of something...


No comments: