meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, June 18, 2018

Small Stuff.



'Don't Sweat The Small Stuff' was written by Richard Carlson, one of those annoying touchy-feely management books from the 1990s or thereabouts.  The sub-title was 'And It's All Small Stuff'; now there, he has a point, but not quite the point he was trying to make.  For an ME sufferer, it is indeed all small stuff.  Every task has to be broken down into its component parts, so that at least some of it can be achieved with the energy levels available at the time.  Today, technically, it was Tidying Up, mainly because I can't get the stuff done that I want to, without clearing some space.  You would think there would be a limit to the amount of mess I can make on a table top, wouldn't you?  Apparently not.  Particularly as the energy levels from previous activities had run out before the tidy up stage...so there was transfer dye to go back in the drawer, the papers I'd printed and painted to put away (well, okay, put on the floor...haven't worked out where to put them yet), the goodies that I'd been given, to go away...you're getting the drift, right?  This pine cone needed somewhere to live too.

When I began to run out of steam,about half way through clearing the table top,  I sat down and managed to encourage my Bernina to limp through the rest of the stitching on the piece I showed you yesterday.  It started playing up as I worked, yesterday, a problem with the tension that I couldn't resolve by the usual means, so it'll be off for a service.  It would already be there, but when we drove up to drop it off, the shop was shut, despite both FB and Google assuring us it was open...sigh.  And now...I need to rest.  I might manage to clear the rest of the table this afternoon...or not.  Tomorrow, as we all know, is another day.

PS.  I don't sweat anything...I haven't got the energy...




No comments: