meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A Less Than Perfect Day

...and it's only 2pm.  First, we discovered the bath plug doesn't work.  It's the type that you press to close, and press again to open...except that it doesn't close properly.  This wouldn't be a big deal...except that having a bath takes a great deal of energy, and it took ten minutes to get enough water for a small child, much less me, making things worse than usual.  Then the gardener broke some bit of equipment or other, and will have to come back tomorrow, meaning I'll have to be up early, as Robin has an appointment. And then, to cap it all, while finishing off cutting one of the more complex lino pieces I'm making, the knife slipped and damaged the adjacent section.  Just Great.  Hours of work ruined.  Well, okay, I can paint over the relatively small area, once I've printed it, but that's really not the point. 

So I thought I'd play with some fabric, and ended up with this.


Piece of evolon, with elements of rust dyed silk and paper.  Small element of stitch, but really, I wanted the fabric to do the talking.  I'm tempted to now add some hand stitch, to emphasise the verticals, but it would need to be very fine variegated thread, possibly silk, and to be honest, I'm not sure the piece is worth it.  Did it make me feel better?  Not really; it took me three goes to upload this image, so I think I'll just go and sulk somewhere quiet, and drink my coffee.  Which I'll probably spill.  Sigh. Definitely One Of Those Days.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Occasionally a good sulk is exactly what is needed. I hope today is better.

artmixter said...

Oh, me too. Have to say that a beautiful photograph from a friend, and resultant haiku, made a good start. Though the gardeners are conspicuous by their absence.