meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

One Of The Benefits...


of joining Etsy and Flickr has been finding lots of other artists who make beautiful things. I was so stunned by the beauty of this paper that I went to visit the blog of its maker, Alsokaizen at KaizenJourney This artist, based in the US, doesn't just make paper using shibori methods, but cloth, also...and is very generous with her in process photographs...go look and enjoy!

Blogging is a wonderful thing. It allows us to meet up with all kinds of interesting artists and wonderful art works. It inspires us to make more, different things... I'm really grateful to my fellow bloggers for everything they share with us. Thank you. I can't say it often enough, really.

I don't have the patience for shibori, really, though given that I have some dye made up, I might dye some paper today. I can't really see myself going back to making hand made paper, either, unless I suddenly take a notion! But I'm enjoying working with papers in mixed media, and I think it allows me to transfer what I learn to other things. Celtic Spiral, pictured above, is a good example, I think. I've been making a number of Celtic inspired things recently, a link to my Scottish roots. Those roots have transplanted well to Norfolk soil, but I am none the less a product of my earlier environment; it is inevitable that those cultural references will prevail, I suspect.

2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Blogging sure is wonderful - I'm so glad I discovered it and all the wonderful people out there.

alsokaizen said...

Thanks so much for the write up! I love the blogosphere and flickr is a real lifeline for me. Its wonderful to be able to find people who share my obsessions!! I'm adding you to my rss feed so I can keep track of what you are up to....