meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Not Everything...

succeeds as planned. Which is one of the reasons I rarely ever have a plan when I'm working. I started out with the intention of working with encaustics, probably on things that aren't finished, but were waiting for me to get the stuff out... Instead, I made some miniature pieces, one or two that I'm really pleased with, and I'm working on this piece here.

I avoid drawing faces, people too. That's where my confidence runs out. But there was something about this encaustic that suggested half a face...it now has most of a face, but there are some lines that are going to disappear...the one suggesting the forehead or top of the head, for instance. It doesn't work. It's not right. So it's going. With encaustics, of course, that's easy, just scrape or melt and the line disappears... But I do think I need to tackle this place where my confidence runs out. I know that all it needs is practice. I can't find a good life drawing class, but I can sit in cafes and sketch surreptitiously! Or I can draw Robin, who won't sit for me per se, but doesn't know what I'm doing when he's got his back to me! Or I could find someone to sit for me. Mind you, they'd have to accept the likelihood of not recognising the finished article...sigh...

Now to get some tissue paper to clean the palette. And go sit down with a coffee...sounds good to me... though I'll have to feed the cats first, or I'll get no peace!
Oh goodie, no pics with blogger...I'll upload it with Picasa...just a moment...

No comments: