meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Joining In The Fun...


seems like a good thing to do, so I've been joining in things...firstly, the BBEST team at Etsy, comprising Boomers and beyond, ie the over forties. We get together to chat, support each other, chat, promote our work, chat, and maybe chat some more... it's a great way of getting to know other artists from all over the world, and to discover that you're not the only one who isn't selling much! There's all sorts of information about BBEST on our blog, which I manage (using the term loosely, of course...). Click on the link to see what we're up to, and who we are. There are some interesting artists and craftspeople involved in our team!

Then I joined Dijanne Cevaal's project, Expressive Books. I have a specific theme and aim in mind, and hope to enter it into Quilts 2008 next year; how's that for confidence! I enjoy making books, and it will be a pleasure to work in a small group like this.

And then, I am taking part in a Pay It Forward (PIF) project. It's Karen's fault! What it means, though, is that the first three people to leave a comment on the blog today will, at some point in the next year, receive a small piece of work from me. Or, to be precise:

"I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 artists who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this Pay It Forward exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog."

So, what about it? For once, I have work to hand, so you might even get something before Christmas!! Joining in is FUN!

Last, but not least, I agreed a trade on Etsy with Dani, a talented artist. We traded ACEOs; she made one specially for me, called 'Marion's Movement', based on a painting I saw in her shop and really liked. It's lovely to have something so special arrive on your doorstep! Marion's Movement is the picture on my blog today, isn't it lovely!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Marian's Movement is indeed lovely--I had to go check out the artist's shop. Now I need to start saving my pennies....

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Absolutely lovely work by Dana! I have to go check out her shop. I would love to join in the PIF exchange!