meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Alphabetic


Inspired by the workshop I did a couple of weeks ago, I find myself playing with the shapes of letters, hence this little painting (little being the operative word, all of five inches by eight inches in size). It started out as an M, but upside down, it turned into a Y and a V, and I liked it better that way...so that way it stays.

This theme fits in nicely with my series, 'In More Than One Language'...I think once the exhibition is over, I can turn my full attention to it, and see what transpires. It's an exciting thought. Before then, though, there's the Festival of Quilts; after that, the Carrefour in Alsace. I spent five months in Alsace in 1981; it will be interesting to return and see what has changed. If it is anything like the rest of the world, that is likely to be everything and nothing...

No comments: