meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, November 02, 2007

Hurrah!



the base for the shudio is complete, pretty and ready for the shudio itself...which will, I hope, arrive some time next week. Meanwhile, I'm working hard and keeping out of trouble...and very tired. I don't do early morning starts, and I've had three this week, feeling distinctly dozy.

UK artists may not have come across Artforums I confess to a slight vested interest; I'm a moderator on their Textile section. It has been quiet, as with any new project like this, but someone asked a really interesting question, and off I went about why textile art now embraces such materials as tin cans or even slate...

Got the handdyes rinsed and washed, ready for drying and ironing...hurrah. They're looking reasonably promising, despite the hassle I had yesterday. But of course, that's only half the story; the rest is cutting up, photographing, folding, assembling... but that's another day. Today, I think I'm going to pat them gently, smile at them and do something else instead!

2 comments:

Purple Missus said...

OK I have to ask - why 'shudio'. I thought the first time you had made a typing error. Sounds like you've had one too many :))
And like Julie, if you resolve the heating problem I would love to hear about it. I'm worried that everything will get damp and mildewed(?) outside. DH is converting the garage for a 'messy room' so I have the same problem.
Fred, like all your other whimsical pieces is guaranteed to cheer anyone up - please keep them coming.

Anne Wigfull said...

I know, I know! It's a studio in a shed or it's a shed being used as a studio, so it's a sh(ed st)udio. Of course it could be a sted, instead[g]. Obviously I need another coffee