meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Slow, Slow...

...slow, slow, slow...no particular variation in pace when you're hand stitching.  And that's a good thing; it's meditative, rhythmic.  I'm about three quarters of the way through stitching the piece 'about' ME I showed you here.  This shows you the progress so far...
...and a closeup, so that you can see the stitch...
As I waited for this to load, it struck me that this is one of the very few, if not, indeed, the only art piece I've made entirely of commercial fabric.  Usually the focus is on hand dye, but I don't have much of that, any more, and it'll be a while before I'm set up well enough to generate some. 

You can see that the stitch is very intense throughout, so far.  I'm planning to do more of this random stitch in the other three borders, but with a larger stitch size.  The photograph suggests a considerable amount of distortion, which is caused by that intensity of stitch, but I'm confident that that will resolve itself as I complete the stitching. 

This is the perfect piece to take places; so far, I've stitched on it in the doctor's waiting room, as well as the local fabric shop (of which more, another time).  I usually have a piece of work that I can carry about in a pocket, for those waiting rooms.  I hate sitting around doing nothing, which is a bit unfortunate, given I have ME; there are times when that's all I'm capable of doing.  Hoping to get the stitch on this finished this week, so it'll be sitting beside me on the sofa....I do love my sofa...


No comments: