meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Chugging Along Nicely...

...with Borderlines... though the cat is attempting to intervene...Mollie is nothing if not consistent.  She's been sitting on there for the past ten minutes...just as well I'd taken all the photos I wanted before she sat down. 


I've now completed the stitch in the bottom section, and am therefore feeling somewhat smug.  I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the upper section, but given that Mollie's now lying all over it, that's a problem for another day. 

I've used two different, but similar, variegated hand dyed threads, one below the paper motifs, and one to the side.  The one below is dark, and the stitching curls in on itself, echoing the way in which the right hand side of the paper motifs has been stitched.  

Spot the gap.  The stitch on the top reflects the torn and uneven nature of the motif; the stitch on the bottom...doesn't.  In fields, a gap like that might be filled with trees; in abstract, I've filled them with vertical stitch, which in my mind, suggests those trees.


To the right of the motifs, I've stitched diagonally, given that there were several lines of vertical stitches there already, and I didn't want to repeat that.  The diagonal reflects the circular motif above it.  I didn't want too big a block of stitch in that area, so used the motif as a natural stopping point, as well as a directional guide.



And now, Mollie is up on the arm of the sofa, expecting me to move the laptop so she can snuggle into my lap; turns out I'm more comfortable than the quilt.  I will have to make my mind up about the upper section...but maybe not today.  Or at least, not consciously.  Doubtless there will be a certain level of unconscious problem solving going on in there while I get on with Other Things.



1 comment:

Shortbread Cookie Recipes said...

Interesting post, I enjoyed read this