meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Hoarder's Charter?

"Keep a thing for seven years, and you'll find a use for it".  Or so my granny used to say.  Repeatedly.  I'm not convinced.  Particularly given the amount of stuff we managed to get rid of before we moved, none of which we've missed.  I was reminded of her saying while working on Borderlines yesterday... here's how far I've got...


I've picked a couple of colours to stitch in the remaining areas.  One of the things I wanted to do, though, was to deal with the puffiness in that circular area.  You expect a bit of relief to appear when quilting, but there are several sections where there's more relief than I'd like, and it's a distraction.  I don't want more coloured stitch in those areas, so white seemed the only option, to pull the area down, but not make the area appear more densely stitched. 

When I went to find the thread to do that, I found this...

It's white perle thread, which I was given as part of a lace making kit, many, many years ago.  The .  rest of the kit is long gone; pillow lace is a beautiful thing, but the making of it is Not My Thing...too fiddly  I kept the thread, though, intending to dye it.  Fortunately, I didn't get round to it (as is the way with so many things).  It must be at least 25 years old, looks fine, feels fine, so I'm using it. 


And here's the result.  I'm not stitching every single white area; just those that are overly puffy.  So far, it's working just as I hoped.  Phew.

I'm not changing my mind about keeping things, though; if I don't have a use for it now, or in the next few months, out it goes.  That thread was definitely the exception that proves the rule. 

No comments: