meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, October 01, 2007

I'm Very Good...



at experimenting, getting so far with something and then stopping half way. Like the painted tissue paper that's ready to fuse onto cloth, for instance. Well, today was the day. Both of these little pieces were made from that paper, fused onto pelmet vilene, stitched and finished. I think they're fun! Autumn Earth and Autumn Circles. Given that the weather has definitely taken a turn for the autumnal, they seem very appropriate.

I made four pieces of this size today, and then thought, right, what next? My interest in altered things is increasing, and I'm taking part in an Artists' Trading Card (ATC) swap on a list I belong to. Now I've made textile ATCs before, but never a straightforward non textile ATC. I have now...nine of them, to be precise, using the 'altered text' idea...as seen here. Well, they are only little! I'm having a good deal of fun with this particular exercise, have come up with all kinds of ideas, so we'll see what comes next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like these. The colors, of course, feel just right. The one with the circles stitched on top (I do wish I could see these while I write about them!) feels like it's being tamped down, controlled. The other one looks free. Did you intend the contrast?