meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A A A A A A-



Tchoo! The cold has caught up with me, my nose is pouring and I'm going to stop now; I've been making more ACEOs, but now that my eyes are running as well as my nose, I'm going to go have a cup of coffee and sneeze. Robin is off to Paris, so at least he stands a chance of missing the infection...though the man who serviced my boiler today said that he'd just recovered from it, but only by taking to his bed. Not such a bad idea (my bed, not his!).

Meantime, a picture of the first of the Texture of Memory quilts. The quilting uses motifs from Celtic standing stones in Scotland, and the structure is reminiscent of the way that textiles are pieced together for demonstration in museums...indeed the very texture of memory itself.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cool job, and yes, the bed thing, yours, too funny, better rest up so you can keep doing the perfect things you do, U artist U.
Suzanne

sharon young said...

Hi Marion
I just found your blog on the fibre and mixed media group, just joined, your pieces are beautiful with really interesting detail.
I keep reading about lutradur, it sounds really exciting, maybe I'll buy some if I go to the K&S show on Friday.
Hope you feel better soon.

Elis Cooke said...

Hi Marion
Get better soon! Love this piece... I have a longtime fascination with standing stones so I am looking forward to seeing more in this series! namaste Elis.

Hyla said...

Awww, I hope you feel better soon!
Please check out my blog!
http://myfairybabies.blogspot.com/
Hyla