meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, February 13, 2006

Lovely Lutradur


I was introduced to lutradur by Dijanne Cevaal, and I hold her entirely responsible for the outcome...which has been a LOT of work with lutradur in it! Every time either of us posts about the stuff, we get lots of questions about it, on the blogs or privately, so we decided to write a worksheet as an introduction to lutradur. It's not War And Peace, you understand, but there's enough information for anyone to get started in using this lovely material. An email to her, or to me, or to lutradur@tiscali.co.uk will get you a free copy of the worksheet. And we are currently writing a book on the subject, which will be available within the next year.

For the uninitiated, lutradur is a non woven polyester fabric. It is intended for industrial use, with a wide variety of weights for different purposes, from the purely decorative (florists use it as wrapping) to the Seriously Heavyweight (agriculture and road building, I believe, are other uses). You can dye it, paint it, cut it up (it doesn't fray), use it by itself or, because of the transluscent nature of the construction of the cloth, use it on top of other patterned cloth (my favourite use) without the handling problems of voiles and other lightweight fabrics . Dijanne makes wonderful prints on hers; the freize at the top of the page here is her work.

We both hope you enjoy using the worksheet, and lutradur, as much as we do.

13 comments:

Debra said...

Ok, I'm emailing you!! I have 2 yards of Lutrador that I ordered from MisterArt.. now I need to figure out how to play with it.

Liz Plummer said...

I'd love one please, too! I think I have some, but coloured, but didn't know what it was -- can you get coloured?

Do you know of a good supplier in the UK?

By the way, I haven't commented before but I love reading your blog and looking at your work.

artmixter said...

Thank you for the kind words, Liz. I've got a sample of black lutradur, but haven't as yet come across coloured stuff...but, if it's polyester, chances are you can use the techniques in the worksheet on it, too. You might, however, be careful when you iron it, if it isn't lutradur, it may melt. 'Proper' lutradur shouldn't do so when ironed.

jenclair said...

Oh, I wonder if this is the "fabric" I've saved from loose flower purchases...? I would love to find out more about lutradur and will email you.

And I hate "finishing" as well; had made a note to myself this morning to make sleeves for two pieces that have been just left on design wall.

Judy said...

is it still possible to obtain a lutradur worksheet from you? I've just purchased some here in the US and would love to know all there is to know about it.
Thanks,
Judy

Patti B. said...

I'm new to your blog, but I would love a copy of your worksheet. Thanks so much!

Heilbron said...

Hi! Is it possible to get a copy of your beautiful Lutradur worksheet? I know I am asking sooo late, but I sure would like one. How goes the writing of the book? Thank you!

Kirsten said...

Could you please email me a copy of your worksheet?

I can't get to my email right now - but my adress is kirstarn@online.no

Thank you!

Kirsten in Oslo

Unknown said...

This is the first time I've ever blogged! Heard alot about lutradur, even bought some at the latest NEC show. Art Van Go have it, they call it fibreDK lutradur fabric. Not attacked mine yet but I'm ready to dive in and your worksheet would be agreat asset, please send me one.

Kim said...

I just found you by doing a search on Lutradur - I'd love a copy of the worksheet too please!
Thanks!

Corryna said...

I just bought Lutrador, but I don't know what the possiblility's are. So I would also like to receive the factsheet. How nice of you to spread it.

Corryna

Buy Evolon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
artmixter said...

Please note that the lutradur information is no longer available, sorry x.