meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Harvest.



Another monoprint on sheeting... small, about 5.5" by 7.5".  Yes, you guessed it, excess paint again.  When I started stitching, I had intended to stress the verticals, but realised that doing so would take the emphasis away from the logical focal point, that orange circle.  So... lots of seed stitches in orange, and the addition of some long, straight stitches emanating from the circle.  Somehow, that wasn't enough, so I added some chain stitch in the centre...which still wasn't enough.

So...I took a pencil, and drew over the edges of the circle, just to help it to stand out from the background....and I was tempted to leave it at that.... except...it looked a tad bland.  So... some blanket stitch across the diagonal line in the lower part of the piece, and some long stitches to show up the verticals but not so much that they took over.  And it still wasn't done.

Some time ago, I mentioned on FB that I wanted to stitch in gold on a piece of silk, and a friend offered me some gold threads, which she kindly sent me.  I never did stitch the silk...but here's the thread, or some of it, on that central orange blob.  Is it a sun?  Is it a flower head?  Is it something else entirely?  I don't mind, really.  All of them, or none of them.  Either way, the piece is now as done as it's going to be.  I have a few more monoprints in this palette to play with.  And, having used it on this piece, I think I need to learn a bit about goldwork.... but that's for another time.

No comments: