meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Collage...

is not my strong point, as you'll have established from my earlier post.  I took a wee while to play with a couple of the pieces I worked on...and no, I'm still not happy.


I got rid of the vertical lines, which clearly weren't working for me, but I'm not convinced by the textures of the paint...needs a lot more warmth.  Probably needs a bit more contrast, too.  Contrast is one of my bugbears; I never feel like I get it right.  I'm pretty sure that this isn't going to amount to much...but I think there's more learning there for me, so I'll persevere.

And talking about perseverance... remember the piece I said was going in the bin?  Well...


....it didn't quite get there...  After adding paint to it, using a bit of scrap muslin, I tore up the paint-daubed fabric and added it to the piece.  As you do...   This idea of adding verticals, is a recurring thing for me, but I've never really got to proper grips with it.  There's something about standing stones...that's where the initial idea came from...but I think there's a bit more to it than that.  It's part of my practice, to search for meaning, but I'm not sure if it always leads to added value.  I suspect that it's not the verticals, where the meaning lies, but rather in their relationship to each other, and to the background. 


No comments: