meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Overdyeing Again...

This is where it gets a bit more interesting... I'd dye painted some cloth, but decided that it was distinctly boring. So, I cut it up into sections, and overdyed each one seperately. Instant interest! I'm now contemplating whether to do some more surface design work on these, or whether to work with them as they are. That isn't the only choice, of course...I could add surface design at any point in the process... but right now, I think I'll just keep walking past them on the landing, trying to discover what to do with them. A trypich, perhaps...but hung in the round, rather than on the wall... that idea appeals, certainly.


Now what? There's dye left; I could do some more dyeing. I think, though, I'm more likely to thicken it up and do some screenprinting. I have a couple of big screens, which I haven't used yet, though I'd need a hand with them (Jill, you listening?? Or Sandy??) One thing I do want to do today is to mix up some more transfer dyes, and do some printing for a project for the lutradur book, which is coming on reasonably well... but today, I really do want to sit down and write these goals and intentions for the year ahead. No, I didn't do it when I said I would, I'm bad... but opportunities are making themselves known, and I'm not sure if I have time to take them on or not...so some Serious Thinking needs to be done.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Ooooh, yummy results!

Hugs,
Kari x

Dianne said...

Woo Hoo these pieces are gorgeous.
Your not bad, I kow you will get it all in the end gols all finished..

Dianne said...

Hey good luck on your show though you don't need it, I only wish I could be there in person to see it..

Anonymous said...

the overdyes are beaut. You've got me all interested in an embellisher now, too ...