meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Did I Say Smitten?



I did, didn't I? Well, I now have my very own embellisher, a Babylock, and it is happily sitting on my dining room table as I play with silks, satins and wools to put it through its paces. I'll show you what I'm up to over the course of next week; give you something interesting to look at whilst I'm moaning about Hanging Shows and What I've Forgotten. Come to think of it, I need to decide what I'm taking with me. The three large paintings that were up there originally are still there, but there's enough space to show some more, and probably some textiles to boot.


Meanwhile...we were going through old boxes of computer 'stuff', which seems to accumulate like magic (or like dust...), and I came across some jpegs of earlier work that I thought I'd share with you. Pleasures Are Like Poppies Spread was one of the first art quilts I made...the title is a line from ''Tam O'Shanter', an epic poem by the Scots poet Robert Burns; 'But pleasures are like poppies spread, you seize the flower, the bloom is shed'. It reminded me of flowers or leaves flowing along a river. The second, 'Tiger, Tiger', is a fierce, albeit small quilt, that talks about the good things that you can find in the darkness.
On a personal level, the doctors and I have come to the conclusion that not all is well in the state of Denmark, in this case, my head...so I'm going to see a therapist, and doubtless will pop in to see my GP with more frequency than either of us would like...sigh... I'm trying to look at this as an opportunity. It's not every day you get to spend an hour talking solely about yourself, looking at what you want to change and being helped to do so. So, we'll see... Last time I had psychotherapy, I produced some interesting work. Perhaps the same thing will happen this time...

1 comment:

NuvoFelt said...

You will love that embellisher, and I look forward to seeing more stunning work. Hope all goes well.