meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Behind The Scenes...


of an artist's life, there's always a lot of running around, meetings, admin, lots of things to be done that have nothing to do with paint or cloth or anything interesting. Over the past couple of days, I've been in a couple of meetings, and then spent some time doing something a little more interesting. Yes, you guessed it, I've ordered an embellisher. A Babylock embellisher, to be precise. I'm quite excited. It will arrive on Friday, all being well, and it's anyones guess how I'll be spending my weekend...and yes, Jill, if you want to come over, you're welcome, but I'm not going anywhere!


The piece in the picture is a quick scan of another of the embellished pieces I made at the weekend. This is some dyed linen, with some beautiful figured silk organza added to it, plus a little smidgen of yarns and a peacock feather. I'll take a decent photo when I have more time. For now, though, it's back to doing some work for the Well. It's great to have an exhibition at short notice, but it does focus the mind wonderfully the week before; so much work, so little time!

1 comment:

smarcoux said...

Well well missy you have gone and ordered a baby!! you lucky girl you a new toy ... how lovely
I think next weekend I shall have to come over to visit... .. keep you company at the WELL show.

Sandy