meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, September 25, 2006

Preparing for Hibernation


Or at least, that's what I think I'm doing. I found myself buying a couple of books online yesterday, and a laundry press today....the latter to do transfer printing with a bit more speed and comfort than I do it at present. I think I'm of the view that I'll not be going out very often this autumn and winter, make up for all the gallivanting this summer. And perhaps the blog, too, will get back to normal, with fewer unexplained gaps...that's the theory, anyway!

As well as all this spending, I've got back to work. I started just looking at the lutradur I'd dyed before the gallivanting, pairing it up with backings, ready to quilt...hence the 'waiting pile' or 'queue' that's photographed; it's on the floor behind my trusty old Bernina. Then I started colouring a couple of bits of lutradur, and finally ended up working on a new piece, using techniques I haven't used with it before. But before all of that, I found myself making a collage. Me, a collage. I don't *do* collage... but today, I did. So I'm feeling smug, and productive, and I can now go and eat my supper... and purr a bit !!

1 comment:

His Office, My Studio said...

I like looking at collages done by others. I was not very good at scrapbooking becasue I didn't like the collages I did do. I have stayed away from it in my quilting. Maybe I will try it someday.