meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, September 29, 2006

I Would Like It Known


that today I went all through Borders Bookshop, with a book token, and bought...nothing. This is unheard of. I was known, once, as 'The Woman Who Has A Book On Everything'. Probably still am... But the truth of the matter is, that I was in that same bookshop last week, and bought sundry things that really appealed to me, only to be given the book token as an anniversary present (27 years is a long time, isn't it...more than half my life...). So, the token shall sit in my handbag, awaiting The Right Moment. Which will probably be next month, when I've read my way through the stuff I bought last week!

The image is Flamesprite, one of the pieces I made earlier this week, lutradur, foil, Angelina fibres and stitch. Today has been a day off of sorts...the queue is much diminished, but still waits. The silk that I rusted wants to be tacked up for hand quilting (aaaargh...). And Nefertiti thinks it's time I tackled her quilting, too... so many opinionated works of art, so little time!!

6 comments:

Anne Wigfull said...

Congratulations on 27 years, pretty good but you still haven't caught up with our 43 years yet! I really like this piece, Marion, is the lutrador on anything? And I don't mean hallucinatory chemicals or a quick dram.

The WestCountryBuddha said...

It's a brilliantly apt name for this piece - exactly how I picture a sprite in my mind and how a flame looks going up my chimney.

artmixter said...

Hey, Anne, I'm only 46... The lutradur is on top of a piece of polyester satin which I had transfer printed. Both those layers are then added to cotton velvet, for stability and a little bit of texture.

artmixter said...

Thank you...I'm really interested in shapes that suggest both the human form and something else...and this one seems to work.

Ferret said...

I was just popping in to say very flamey and very spritey, and someone beat me to it. I'll have to be quicker off the mark next time. Very cool piece. I have the same issue with book tokens, they always turn up just after I spent them.

Anne Wigfull said...

You are only 46? Well, so what? I was a child bride myself :))
Thanks for the explanation of the make up of Flamesprite. I'm resisting lutradur but it's getting harder.....