meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, August 13, 2018

The Only Advantage...

..to being stuck in bed, is that, occasionally, someone gives you flowers, in this case, my lovely daughter in law, Tracey.  Gladioli are among my favourite flowers, graceful, as sensual as lilies, but without the poisonous, staining pollen.  They last for ages, too, always a bonus. 


I'm not able to stand very long, so I quickly took a succession of images.  The light wasn't good, either, so they're a bit on the blurry side, but I rather like that.   I also like that they gradually become slightly more abstract as they go along.   The flowers won't last for ever, but the images will last for as long as I keep them.  See what you think.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Gladioli too Marion, my Mother was named after them, her name being Gladys, (it seems very old fashioned now!) They are very reasonably priced in our supermarkets here at the moment, and so I've been gorging myself on them for the home! I love the variegated effect that your flowers have with the creamy yellow turning to a soft pink at the edges.