meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Things I Forget...




...are many and varied.  I blame the breakdown from hell, myself.  My memory was pretty good up til then, but now it's appalling.  I forget names, faces, places, visits, keys, handbags...the list is endless.  Someone says, have you been to such and such a place, I say no, Robin says, yes you have, and tries to get me to remember by describing the landmarks.  Nope.  Doesn't work.

I don't often forget making work though... so how did I forget this piece?  It's bright enough... but not only have I forgotten making it, I can't remember where I took the picture, or even what it was of, originally (yeah, yeah, it's a flower...just don't know which!).  I do try to write things down, but I'm really not very good at it.  The only reason I found it is that a friend has offered to help me set up a website, so I'm sorting through my work, deciding what to put on it.  This will certainly feature... I love the richness of the colour.  Must hunt through my images, see if I can work out what it is... meanwhile, I'll just enjoy it for how it looks.


2 comments:

Bossymamma said...

I understand completely about the forgetting of things due to depression and/or breakdown. I have a theory that it is due to the brain cutting down on the number of things it has to think about, to give one the chance to recover. So, maybe it's not too bad a thing, even though it can be frustrating and embarrassing.

Vicki Miller said...

I know how you feel about forgetting things, I know my brain had done a lot of it since the fires of 2009, and I often find work I had forgotten about, but think of it as a nice surprise to find something so lovely. In fact, it actually looked like flames to me at first glance, but I agree it looks like flowers, perhaps grevillea?