meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

More Finds...

It's interesting, this little cache of work I've found.  It varies from manipulated and stitched photographs, like this one,
which I've stitched in two versions...
When I showed it on FB, almost everyone preferred the one on the top, the one with more stitch.  I agreed...but now, I'm not so sure.  Both are stitched with a dark variegated metallic thread.

And then, I| found this.

It's called Norfolk Fields, and it's a combination of monoprint and painting.  I love the Norfolk landscape, the huge flatness of it all, the long avenues of trees and the enormous skies.  It's stunning.  I'm reminded that landscape and things natural are really where my art is rooted, though it's not always immediately apparent.  It's just that I'm as fascinated by the inner landscape as by the external landscape that surrounds us.

Just to give you a closer look at Norfolk Fields, here are a couple of details...



My work has always been diverse, and I think these two pieces epitomise it.  Fortunately, I don't feel I have to choose between mediums, between methods; it's all expression, in the end, all creativity.  It is as it is.


1 comment:

Nuvofelt said...

I think the important thing is to accept that you have a creative 'voice' and to use it. Sometimes we shout - sometimes we whisper and there is a lot in between. These are all lovely, Marion, and I prefer the one with less stitch! Sometimes, as they say, less is more.