meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring...



has caught up with me. I find myself clearing out the studio, rearranging things, combining things, and thinking about what to put in the new external storage I'm about to buy (probably the paper making and dyeing stuff). The house got a perfunctory hoover round, the dishwasher went on and I'm cooking various bits and pieces. Brought several finished paintings into the house (of which more in the week...); they have to be added to my list of work, and taken upstairs to be stored.

The image today is of a mixed media piece I finished last week, but had to wait for the paint to dry. It's a small mixed media on studio canvas, 12" by 10". As with most of my work, there's lots of texture, partly from the paint itself, and partly from the paper that was added to the canvas beforehand, some pieces of an old paper dressmaking pattern. You can see the textures quite clearly in the close up; try clicking on the image to enlarge it. I think the piece has a light, airy feel to it, just right for spring.

3 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I love it; reminds me of delphiniums on a slightly breezy summer day! It makes me feel good to look at it!

AltheaP said...

This is the epitome of spring! Love it.

image stitching said...

Beautiful spring...