meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

I Stink...


of a remarkable combination of throat lozenge and vinegar. The throat lozenge, clearly, was taken internally; the vinegar, however, despite its healing history (Jack's head and brown paper, to name but one instance...), was not. I'm working on the Exquisite Evolon book this week, and decided to include a section on rust dyeing. Even as we speak, some incredibly rusty bits and pieces are smothered in evolon, lurking in a large seed tray, covered in bubble wrap, next to the central heating boiler. The cats are disgusted. They are, however, unlikely to mistake it for their litter tray...I hope...

I'm working hard, but getting nowhere, or at least it feels that way. And I've had a fluey type virus, which is continuing to lurk in my system (hence the stinky throat lozenge). Now, though, I'm off to do some evolon painting; my good friend Alison Lowe, who makes fab bags, has agreed to design one specially for the book, so I'm off to paint some evolon specifically for it. Clearly there are no images of the ongoing work to be shared (looking at bubblewrap in a seed tray is not my idea of fascinating... I'd rather watch paint dry, which is, of course, what I'm about to do next...). So I've put up an image of 'Blue Trees', which is an Evolon print I made a while ago, and is now resplendent in its frame.

By the way, I meant what I said in a previous post; I'm looking for artists to feature in the gallery section of Exquisite Evolon. If you have a piece of which you're particularly proud, and would like to see it published, this is your chance! Email me for more details. Oh, and a PS; there are still a couple of places available in the masterclass I'm running at FOQ this year, check out the site here for details!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the work!! I also remember wearing the same scent not so long ago!! :-)
Always wanted to go to FOQ and want to do a workshop with you so I will check it out when I get home from work later today. Any advise gratefully accepted!!! lv

jstinson said...

So sorry you under the weather! Hope your "stinking" cure does the trick! Enjoyed your blog. Need to learn what the heck evelon is! I learn something new everyday from our group!

Cate Rose said...

Hope you're better soon, Marion. And I love that piece.

Leslie said...

Just the thought, ewwww!. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I sure hope you feel better and I love the new piece you posted.

Anonymous said...

Love the work, thought you were going to say the piece stank, which it definitely don't. Sorry about the flu bug, but the smell of the meds and vinegar are much better than sulfer and a cabbage field. Now what is evelon or what is the US translation of evelon?

smarcoux said...

HI Stinky !!!!
I will get a piece done to go into your book!!! :)

from not so smelly Sandy

Unknown said...

Your trees are beautiful and I can't wait to learn more from the upcoming book! Hope the flu leaves you soon soon soon!