...if I've said this before...I don't think I have, but hey, my memory is not what it was. I taught a workshop at FOQ last year, entitled Two Shapes And A Line, intended to help people to loosen up when it came to Applique design (I'm sure I've mentioned it before). This piece is ongoing, and is a direct result of some of the thinking behind that workshop, but taken down to using a single shape. Here it is, at the beginning, two layers of evolon, the first layered with transfer paint and fabric paint, the second acid dyed. I combined them as an experiment... even I haven't layered lilac over yellow/red/orange before. But...it was to hand and I wanted a strong contrast...I think you could safely say that I got that, if nothing else.
There are, in truth, lots of options. I could machine stitch the purple, though I really don't feel that would be appropriate. I did contemplate beading, but that would be as problematic as hand stitching, and I'm not keen on glue for beads though I know it would work. Perhaps some painted bondaweb might be a good idea...either on the lilac, or across the whole piece... hmm... Or some lutradur 30. I don't know why I think adding green would be a good idea, I'm pretty sure it isn't, really, but in the interests of experimentation, I might give it a go...I'm off to think. One thing I am sure of, though, is that despite cursing myself for the original colour combination, it has proved to be an interesting exercise, and worth the time I've spent on it. The temptation was to throw it away or cut it up... but I'm glad I've persevered.