meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2018

One Of Those Moments...

...when you think, why the hell did I think this was a good idea?  It involved chenille thread, just in case you're wondering.  Chenille thread is lovely...until you try to sew with it.  I was working on a page of the ongoing book, and I had used the hand dyed dark brown thread, only to realise that it wasn't showing up well enough on the predominately dark brown background.  So...I looked for something else...and something else was a random dyed chenille, brown, grey, gold, cream number.  Reader, I got it threaded first time.  And then it went to hell in a handcart.  Still, I managed to stitch with it...and then whipped it back through the stitches...


So then, I decided to whip the chenille through the previous stitches.  After all, the thread had been quite easy to put into the needle I was using... should be simple.... Reader, I finally switched to a wool needle.  I figured that whilst the needle was considerably thicker, I wasn't actually stitching with it, other than the beginning and the end, so that would be okay.  And it was.  Eventually.  Oh, how I hate chenille thread.  Somebody remind me not to buy any more...


Do I want more stitch?  Don't think so...but if I change my mind, you can be pretty sure it won't be with chenille.  Growl.



2 comments:

lynda said...

I don't like knitting with chenille yarn, either..it sticks to the needles....

artmixter said...

I like the idea of chenille...it's the reality that drive me nuts.