meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Taking Stock


I didn't appreciate how busy my life is, until I sat on the train going to my friend's house on Saturday, and wrote everything down. I seem to have enough commitments in the medium to long term, to keep me busy for the next three years. So trying to fit in this printing course has been...err...challenging. Two weeks have gone, already, and we're just finishing off monoprinting, and moving on into carving blocks.

Still, I'm trying to get a handle on the workflow. The lutradur book is, in theory at least, to be ready in draft form for March 1, and hopefully then published in June next year. And there are exhibits and the like to be factored in, too. So I've got myself a wallchart, and I'm beginning to see what has to be done, when. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. I haven't been as structured as this about my work since I had a 'proper' job. But I think I'll feel better when I've got a handle on it. At the moment, it just feels as if there's a lot to do, and not enough time to do it in, which is nonsense.

Today's picture is a monoprint, done on a scrap of linen tablecloth which had been teadyed in patches. It's not a perfect print, but I'm looking forward to adding stitch...might do it this afternoon, in fact...it feels like an eternity since I did any stitching. Must be all of oh, a week? Two? Sigh. What it must be like to be patient...it always makes me laugh when people commend my patience. I don't have any...

2 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Having the wallchart will help you tackle your tasks and keep you on track. Try to enjoy your monoprinting class.

I look forward to the latradur book and learning more about using it.

Anonymous said...

HI there.. I always enjoy getting my email that you have posted something new.... ok I have to admit I dont know what Lutrador is but ok my curiosity is peaked.. let me know.... Hope all is going well.. I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed as well but I know it will subside some this week with me being away.. just wished I could be in the studio a solid week without interruptions that would be awesome... Love the print on fabric I hope to do some of that this week as well I started packing up my supplied for the print class to take with me.... till then... Talk soon