meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

When In Doubt...

...change it.  In this case, crop it hard.  I made a collage, several, actually, and spoke about one of them here.  I said I wouldn't keep it... and I haven't, at least, not in its original form.  I found some card blanks lying around, and thought... okay... 



And here's the end result.  This was the original piece


I basically looked for the interesting areas, cut those first, and then took whatever else I could see worked in the little aperture of the card.  I've got some small bits and pieces left, including the circular piece, which just looked daft in the aperture.  I think I could have tweaked it, but frankly, a. life's too short and b. I didn't have enough cards. 

I like them in this incarnation...and hopefully the recipients will like them too, when they eventually get sent.  Must eventually get some more card blanks... some time after the expenditure freeze... in the meantime, I'll put aside anything I think will work.  Although given how expensive greeting cards are these days, I reckon this is a pretty cost effective way of doing it.  Green, too...







No comments: