meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

A Timely Reminder

Facebook has its uses.  Today, it reminded me of the original photograph that the manipulated image came from, the one I used as the basis for a painting here.  And it seemed only fair to use it as the basis for another painting (as you do).


I started with a sketch.  I've gradually accepting that sketching is the best thing to do in these circumstances: it lets you become familiar with what's going on in your source material.


So far, so boring.  Decided that I'd started too far along, so the line down the far right is a reminder that I need to pay attention to the balance.  What I ended up drawing on the paper as the basis for the painting, looks slightly different.


More of an interpretation, here, transferring what I learned from the sketch, onto the paper.  And here's the end result.


I like the rich paint on the far right, and the textures... lots of stuff going on.  Not at all what I'd planned...but then, it never is.    Not sure if this is the 'right' way up...


There's more movement, this way up: did try it the other way round, but it's very, very static that way, don't like it as much.  Decisions, decisions...

And then there's the obligatory monoprint...gotta use up that paint...


I like this one.  It's on paper: the ghost print is on Evolon.



Looking forward to stitching this one...but I like them both, probably more than the painting... which I suspect tells me something.


2 comments:

Julie said...

The painting has the feel of the female form about it :-D

artmixter said...

I agree, Julie, I saw it earlier, it adds something... the human body has the feel of a landscape, to me at least.